NOS Primavera Sound once again associates with Porto Public Transport (STCP buses, Metro do Porto and Porto Urban Trains) allowing the public to trave safely and comfortably to and from the Parque da Cidade.
STCP, through the proximity of the service and the easy access to the Parque da Cidade, is once again an excellent mobility choice for NOS Primavera Sound, making available a dedicated service and reinforcing their offer:
- The special service consists of the creation of a direct connection between Praça Cidade Salvador and Av. dos Aliados (City Centre), with stops along the route, highlighting the route through Av. da Boavista, Pr. Galiza and Cordoaria. This service will function during the early hours of the 10, 11 and 12 June between as 12h20am and 07h00am;
- The reinforcement will be made in the regular bus routes that service the surroundings of the Parque da Cidade: 200, 203, 205, 500, 501, 502, 1M. Route 200 will also be extended to Praça Cidade Salvador between 4pm and 9pm and route 205 will operate in the early hours between Praça Cidade Salvador and Areosa;
- The main STCP stops which give access to NOS Primavera Sound will also be marked with the event’s identifying signage.
Metro do Porto also presents itself as an ideal transport option for the days of the festival. The Blue Line (A) will function every day between 6am and 1am, with Matosinhos Sul as the station for accessing the festival. The Blue line’s frequency is every 10 minutes until 8pm and every 15 minutes between 8pm and the end of service. The stations to change lines Senhora da Hora por the Red (B), Green (C), Purple (E) and Orange (F) Lines, and Trindade (city centre) for the Yellow Line (D).
On Friday (10) and Saturday (11) nights, the Metro do Porto will work 24 hours on the Yellow (D) line, with connections between S.João Hospital and Santo Ovídio, and the Blue (A) line, between Dragão Stadium and Senhora da Hora.
CP Comboios de Portugal (Portugal Trains) is the most adequate mobility solution, nationally, presenting an array of services with Porto as destination: Regional services (Valença/Viana do Castelo, Pocinho/Régua, Coimbra/Aveiro) and Urban (Braga, Guimarães, Marco de Canaveses and Aveiro).
Besides these services, CP has a set of special discounts for bearers of a general pass or ticket for NOS Primavera Sound 2016:
- 30% discount on travel (2nd class) on the Intercities, Regional or inter-regional services, in their regular service, departing at any station with destination at Porto Campanhã or Porto São Bento, and its return journey. Discount is valid between 8 and 12 June 2016;
- Porto Urban Trains: 2€ on return trips in Porto urban trains, departing/arriving at Porto Campanha or Porto São Bento. Discount is valid for the day of the event and up to 12pm on the next day.
Inside the festival site there will be an Andante Shop for customer service and ticket sale for buses, metro and urban trains, working between 6pm and 2am.
CP will also be present at the festival with their own space, between 6pm and 12am, where you can obtain all the information about your train travel and also win trips.
Additionally, STCP will have a point of sale for tickets for buses at the Praça Cidade Salvador, next to the boarding point for the special service to Av. Dos Aliados (City Centre).+News